Wednesday, July 13, 2005

team america

I recently enjoyed Trey Parker's 'Team America' on a dvd I was slipped ala contraband.
I heartily recommend same to any and all, save the innocent or naive.
I really was falling on the floor and almost peeeeed my thong. The doll sex was a bit much, surely, it was as necessary as the message in the film. And just what is the message, dear choir?
Perhaps that freedom is not to be imposed on any soul, lest the message is lost upon delivery?

I remember space type marionette cartoons from the past, and settled back unawares, to watch a film I was sure to share with any child. About half an hour in, the voices became familiar, and the humor caustic. Oh no, I'm watching South Park! Thank God my own dear child was kidnapped by her towel headed mother! And I expect Team America to solve my problems in the same way I expect George Bush the shadow, to solve our country's.
Still, if you have an open mind, are ready to laugh until you cry, watch this film. It's derisive, derogatory, debauched and deceptively insightful.
My favorite part is where the hero gives the secret signal that something has gone wrong (waving his arms and head like a deranged puppet) and the rest of Team America keeps shooting at him.
Sound familiar?
dy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home