Monday, April 25, 2005

A Well Run Theatre

www.nataliemacmaster.com
www.sambush.com
www.statetheatrenj.org
www.alisonkrauss.com

Last week I was at the Orpheum in Boston to see Alison Krauss and Union Station. I love the stinky falling apart venue, I loved the music that much more.
On Saturday I was treated to the same kind of music, and a much newer and better run establishment in the guise of The State Theatre, in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Why can't we have this here? I met the director, Wesley O. Brustad, and thanked him profusely.
Nothing I say can illuminate this for you. At the Orpheum, it's the same old advasarial rag. Grab a drink and down it, we are watching you. No Bevvies in the auditorium. Us and Them.
At the State, same design though a couple of hundred years newer, please, thank you, lights on your feet on the way to the bathroom, all accomadation. And we danced, not as well as Natalie, tapping while she fiddled, but the difference in being WELCOME, made my night.
I dream of this happening on the Cape.
Is anyone listening?
dy

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Nice job, Dan. Now start writing about Cape Cod.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home